: "Totem Head's 2016 Story Contest"
Sponsored by Adventure Write
: The contest is open to US residents under 19 years old.
Note to parents
: If your child cannot write yet, you may type their words for them.
1. Ages 8 and under
2. Ages 9-10
3. Ages 11-12
4. Ages 13-18
5. All ages non-prescribed beginning (stories in this category do not have to begin with "So there I was")
: Send your entry before 31 Dec 2016.
One winner from each category will receive the following prizes.
1. Publication on AdventureWrite.com/kids
2. $20 cash
3. Certificate of Achievement
: Adventure Write will choose one winner from each category based on:
1. Suitability for the Adventure Write Kid's website
2. Entertainment and Creativity
3. Spelling, grammar and punctuation
How to Enter
1. Finish Totem Head's Tutorial
2. Write a story in 1500 words or less. Make your story appropriate for kids. The first sentence should start with "So there I was".
3. Fill out a Contest Entry Form
4. Scan and email your Contest Entry Form. SUBJECT line of email MUST be: Entrant Age or Category Entering / Entrant's Name / Story Title
5. Paste your story directly into the body of your email.
6. Email your submission to: email@example.com
7. If you prefer, you may send your submission(s) through the mail to:
Adventure Write - Story Contest
P.O. Box 872241
Wasilla AK 99687
1. Save a stamp! You may send multiple entries in one envelope.
2. Ask someone to proofread your story for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
3. USE SPELLCHECK.
4. Get feedback/corrections on your story from a friend, parent or teacher before penning your final draft.
5. If you're emailing your entry, make sure you PASTE your story into the email AND attach your entry form before hitting send.
: All submissions become the property of Adventure Write, and we cannot return them.
: Adventure Write will announce winners on Facebook and notify winners via email and snail mail in March 2017. We'll post the winning stories on AdventureWrite.com/kids no later than summer 2017.
Please help us spread the word. Download, copy and distribute any of these forms: